- A fall due to ice, water, snow or other substance
- A fall due to a slippery floor that has no warning sign posted
- A trip over a too-high threshold
- A fall on stairs due to:
- Foreign object(s) on the stairs
- Defective stair design
- Loose or torn carpet
- Missing or broken handrails, or only one handrail
- Handrails at the wrong height
- Each step is at the wrong height, or of varying heights
- Steps are not deep enough to accommodate your foot
- Middle edge of the step is worn
- Polished wood or stone steps
- Slippery carpet or painted wood steps
WHEN YOU ARE INJURED IN A TRIP OR SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT
- Get medical help as soon as possible. Though calling an attorney is important, your health and well-being are far more important.
- Explain to the doctor that your injuries are due to a fall. Get this documented, so that you will be able to receive compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and other losses or damages.
- Immediately report the accident to the person in charge of wherever you fell. This might be a landlord, homeowner, store manager, business manager, or building or venue manager.If you fell at a business or rental property, inform the manager or landlord that they must create a written report of the accident. If you are not able to do this on the day of your accident, phone the manager as soon as you are able and make sure that they created an accident report.Get a copy of any accident report that is created before you leave the scene, if possible.
- If you slip or trip and fall on private property, try not to talk to the property owner unless absolutely necessary. You can inform them you fell, but do not be drawn into an argument or make any accusations. Just pay attention to getting treatment for your injuries.
- Take notes on the date and time of the accident, any hazardous conditions, and who was present and/or witnessed the accident, if anyone.
- If possible, take photos of the exact location where you fell, and of any conditions that may have contributed to or caused your fall. If you cannot get these photos immediately, then ask a friend or family member to do it for you.These photos are very important to determine who is at fault and what condition caused your fall and injuries. If a business owner covers the area in front of their store with salt an hour after your slip and fall accident, and there are no photos proving that the sidewalk was untreated at the time of the fall, it will be harder to prove your claim.If you fell on a sidewalk close to a property line, it’s important to know exactly where you fell, and on whose property.
- Collect the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Place the shoes and clothing you were wearing when the accident occurred in a plastic bag and store them safely.
- Do not talk to an insurance company, sign any documents, or accept any compensation payment before you consult with Gay & Chacker’s Philadelphia legal team. Otherwise, you could lose the right to receive compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.Many insurance companies offer to pay your medical bills if you will sign documents stating you will not file a claim against them. They may be referring only to the bills for your initial treatment.You may need surgery, future treatments or medication, or may suffer temporary or permanent disability, all while losing income and benefits. Do not sign anything before you get a skilled attorney’s advice!
- As soon as possible, contact a reputable and well-established law firm. Gay & Chacker lawyers worked to protect the legal and financial interests of trip and fall accident victims in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and surrounding areas for the last five decades.Once we hear the details of your case, we will know exactly how to proceed and how to build the strongest possible claim for you, to get maximum compensation for your injuries.
Trip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries. Protect your legal rights and your financial situation now, before all evidence disappears.
Our Philadelphia trip and fall accident attorneys have a strong track record in winning money damages for clients in all kinds of personal injury lawsuits.
Our fall injury lawyers have handled numerous cases, including those involving:
- Fall on ice injury
- Broken sidewalk injury
- Defective street injury
- Fall in supermarket injury
- Fall in department store injury
- Fall in restaurant injury
THE EXPERIENCE AND LEGAL KNOWLEDGE YOUR CLAIM NEEDS
Protect your right to full and fair compensation. Whatever kind of fall you experienced, contact the fall injury lawyers at Gay & Chacker as soon as possible, or have a friend or family member do so.
We will work hard to ensure that you receive the best possible compensation for your trip and fall or slip and fall injuries.
Contact us now to learn more about how we can help. There is no risk or obligation. We charge you no legal fees unless we recover financial compensation for you.
Call us today at 1-800-LAW-4030 for a free consultation with a Philadelphia trip and fall injury attorney, and get started on the road to full recovery.