WHEN YOU ARE INJURED ON THE JOB
If you become ill or injured because of your job, it is vital that you:
- Get immediate medical help. If needed, call an ambulance or other transportation to get to a doctor’s office or hospital. Your employer is required to pay for that transportation, so don’t hesitate to call for the right help, even if you don’t have health insurance.
- Immediately tell your doctor that your injury or illness is work-related. Get a medical certificate from your doctor stating that the injuries or illness occurred while you were performing your job duties.
- Follow all of the doctor’s orders to aid your full recovery. Do not let your medical care lapse—show up for every appointment and take medication and other instructions as given. Otherwise your employer’s insurance company may refuse to accept that you are still injured and in need of compensation.
- Report the work-related illness or injury to your employer as soon as possible. Follow the protocol and procedures of your workplace, such as recording the details of the accident or illness in a register of injuries.
- Call on a team of highly qualified, veteran workers’ compensation attorneys, such as those at Gay & Chacker. We will immediately go to work to ensure that your workers’ compensation claim is prepared in a way that will bring you maximum compensation.
- If you are able to return to work, follow any return-to-work procedures your company might have.
- Understand and follow all of the rules of your workers’ compensation carrier. If you violate any part of those rules, you may lose some of your benefits.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
It is illegal for your employer to try to stop you from reporting your work-related illness or injury, or to try to persuade you to not report an injury, illness, death, or hazardous condition to that employer, the state, or your doctor.
Your employer may also tell you that you and your family will be compensated for your losses and damages, outside of the workers’ compensation system. The accident is then quickly forgotten or denied, leaving you without compensation for medical expenses or lost wages.
Protect your rights. Contact Gay & Chacker as soon as possible after you are injured, or have a family member do so. We will persistently pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries, all losses, and pain and suffering.
Types of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses
Many things contribute to or cause work-related illness or injury, including:
- Faulty machinery
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Falling objects
- Falling from heights
- Physical overexertion
- Company vehicle accidents
THE EXPERIENCE AND LEGAL KNOWLEDGE YOUR CLAIM NEEDS
Our attorneys have decades of experience in handling all types of injury claims, including:
- Back, neck and shoulder injuries
- Brain and head injuries
- Bone fractures
- Caught, crushed or pinned injuries
- Exposure to harmful chemicals
- Eye injuries
- Hearing loss
- Loss of limbs
- Scars or disfigurement
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Wrongful Death
Physical evidence and eyewitness memories can disappear or fade quickly. Your employer may also try to destroy or throw out items that are important to your case.
Contact US TODAY
If you or someone you love is injured while performing work duties, Gay & Chacker’s workers’ compensation and personal injury attorneys will work hard to your protect rights, including the right to full and fair compensation for current and future medical expenses, therapy and rehabilitation, current and future lost income, disability, pain and suffering, and/or wrongful death.
Our attorneys will ensure that eyewitness accounts are recorded and that all necessary evidence is collected. We will also ensure that any damaged equipment is preserved as-is, to better build your claim and to determine who was at fault. We will guide you every step of the way in the workers’ compensation process, and in any personal injury lawsuit.
Contact us now to learn more about how we can help and to speak with a work injuries lawyer. There is no risk or obligation. We charge you no legal fees unless we recover money damages for you.
Call us today at 1-800-LAW-4030 for a free consultation with a Philadelphia personal injury attorney and get started on the road to fully recovery.